Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Day 49 Rockport to Bucksport, ME 41 miles

Our ride today took us by Oreo cows, pretty little towns and rides on US 1. The weather was perfect for riding. We still had hills to climb, trucks to dodge, cracked road surfaces to be careful around and just 41 miles to cover. So we left at 9A and even had lunch along the way. We rode over 2 beautiful bridges close to our hotel and Wendy and I have a wonderful view of the Penobscot bridge. My husband Tom has arrived in Bar Harbor and is at the same hotel we'll all be at tomorrow night. Yes, our ride is finished tomorrow! We'll have a 46 mile ride to the harbor there for ceremonial dipping of our tires in the Atlantic Ocean. Then the bikes will be taken to a local bike shop for packing and shipping. Since Tom and I will be in Bar Harbor for a bit I'll wait to the following day to take mine over. Our ride is almost over and I'm looking forward to a good long rest. This has been a challenging ride for me and I have a few details of the ride: with my miles for tomorrow my total miles are 2,615. The revolutions of our tires from FL to ME turned out to be approx 1.8 million.. Thanx Susan R for figuring that out for me. Finally our approximate total ascent in feet was 71,022 and that's before tomorrow. I'm looking forward to my upcoming rest!
Oreo calf

Oreo cow


4 young ladies riding with Bike to Build and our own Mary B.
Great group of 31 young adults riding from Bar Harbor to NYC
and helping with home repair along the way.



A real wonky house that is barley standing 

Penobscot bridge
Wendy and myself outside of our last hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment