Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 9 Folkson,GA to Blackshear GA

Today's ride was 55 miles and pretty flat long roads into the wind. We had a few rollers,but it is mainly flat with a large forest on both sides of the road. Last night we had a local reporter come to our margarita party and interviewed a few of the women. The chef made a Greek dinner of pita bread, quinoa & vegetables, salad, and several yogurt sauces, with macaroons for dessert.
We are now in the land of loose dogs and Gail is wearing her whistle to scare the dogs. 
Today is my birthday and Gail gave me a card that she had been hiding, as it is signed by many friends from my bike club. Thank you so much and the card was designed by Dana, Jerry's wife from Trailhead shop. Gail told me it was my special day and so Gail and New Zealand Marilyn,grabbed my luggage, did my laundry, and took me out to lunch after our showers. Pretty special people. The chef had asked me yesterday what my favoriteake cake was and I told her yellow cake with chocolate frosting. That will be the dessert for tonight's dinner. Even though we just had lunch, we will be hungry for dinner     
We are burning between 4000-5000 calories a day. 
An update on dinner tonight. The menu was curry chicken, tabouli, salad, and the wonderful cake cooked in a Dutch oven for the first time as a birthday cake. 
The pictures show our Georgia crossing, beautiful wild daisies,  and dinner tonight. 








2 comments:

  1. So glad your Birthday was fun..we celebrated it by eating cake today at the needle arts fashion show..Kathy was a model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Wendy- one day late! Margarita's and birthday cake. Just right after a long ride!

    ReplyDelete