Friday, June 12, 2015

Day 50 Bucksport to Bar Harbor ME

Today was a 46 mile ride to the end of our journey in Bar Harbor. We were suppose to leave after an 8:00am breakfast,but Gail was anxious to get on the road as her nice husband was waiting in Bar Harbor for her. We left early and again with all the hills,we arrived at aprox 12:30pm and were welcomed by Tom,riders,and loved ones that made the trip. It was a beautiful day and the local T.V. Station did a story of our arrival. I am so glad to get off this bike for awhile and just do something besides riding a bike. We have a banquet tonight with just the riders and lots of champagne and I have already consumed a margarita and a beer,so I am writing the blog now. I miss home very much and all my friends and I am glad I did this trip,just so I won't do it again. Gail and I are still good friends and that means a lot to me as this trip was very hard and stressful and she completed every mile. A shout out to my cousins Chris and Carol Macadams who took care of Charlie and my house for such a long time,of which I am eternally grateful.
   

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment