Friday, June 12, 2015

Day 53 Bar Harbor, 0 miles. We Did It!

It's so hard to believe that our Atlantic Coast Adventure has come to a close. I'm sitting in a lovely hotel room without a bike to ride tomorrow, yahoo! It's being packed up and ready for shipping home. But I would like to let you know just how well my bike did; together we rode 2615 miles, 0 flats and minimum gearing problems. Some of the roads we put our bikes through just made us wonder how much damage could be done, but onward the bikes went. It's very hard to wrap up an adventure like this one, there were so many highs and much laughter. A favorite was watching the policeman stopping his car to walk 2 turtles across the street to safety. The other turtle story was our stopping and trying to decide if we should walk another turtle across to safety. Well, to our and the turtle's good luck along comes a local service person who picked up what turned out to being a snapping turtle! And snap he did, sure glad we left that one alone. And the wonderful ladies we grew to love, 5 Kathys, 4 Susans, 3 Nancys, 2 Marilyns, 2 Marys, 2 Barbaras, Patricia, Ann, Pam, Dolly, Linda, Janet, Leslie, Vickey, Judy, Tina and my roommate par excellant - Wendy! How much fun we had and how much we learned about ourselves. For me I had to dig deep when I became so fatigued and come up with a way to just turn it around. I'm very sure others also had some pushing to do to keep going.
Now Tom and I will relax and travel through Maine and Canada to return home late July. I want to thank each and everyone of you for your good wishes and positive thoughts sent our way, it really does help!

Arrival at the pier in Bar Harbor

At the Pier


The 8 who road every mile

The Bar Harbor pier the day after

2 comments:

  1. Bravo! I enjoyed your adventure every step of the way. Thank you for taking me with you evey pedal of the way via technology. I look forward to hearing more wonderful stories in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you, both..having been there to view part of your journey, I am even more amazed that this could've done! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete