Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 21 Surf City to New Bern NC

Today was a 97 mile day and it would be hot and humid after all the storms had passed through during  the past few days. I opted to ride to the second sag stop at 40 miles and then get in the van. I cannot take the heat and humidity, but Gail completed the whole ride and then added 3 extra miles to reach the century mark. It was quite an accomplishment. We did see snakes dead on the road and other roadkill,which brought back the vultures. Because it is such a long day,the dinner is hot dogs,potato salad,chicken sausages,and Sherries Berries from California. Tom Devitt sent 4 boxes as a surprise for all the riders and staff. He did the same thing 2 years ago when Gail and I rode across the U.S. 
What a nice man!We also had a nice care package from Ginny Taylor sent to us in Carolina Beach. It was all kinds of candy,which we have shared with some of the girls. 
Tomorrow is a 71 mile day,but cooler so that sounds good to me. 

The saga concerning the snake living under my outdoor cushions,it was a Rat snake and my cousin Chris told me the snake has left the building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment