Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 29 Fredericksburg to Alexandria

I am sorry for the delay of the blog,as there technical difficulties when one wants to look for their pictures and the blog takes away your ability to write words. So I am trying again as I know my pictures have come from my phone onto my IPad and not lose my wonderful commentary. Yesterday was a 84 mile day,which Gail was able to complete and I bumped 40 miles and finished the second half. Nobody escaped doing hills,as we have left the flat country,and it is up and down and 4000 ft of climbing for the long riders. Gail got in around 5:30pm and that is the latest she has ever arrived at the hotel. Everyone is tired,but the ride went by many historical sites,including Mt. Vernon and Ft. Hunt. We rode into Ft. Belvoir and had to go to an office and give them our ID's and fill out a small piece of paper and wait for them to call your name. Then we off again and rode a 7 mile bike trail along the Potomac River into Alexandria. I took pictures of a cute river town called Occoquan,Mt. Vernon area,and Alexandria. Last night we had dinner at a steak place the "Flat Iron Restaurant" and had a great time and some alcohol was involved. The hotel has a shuttle to King st. where all the restaurants and bars are located,so we didn't have to walk or drive anywhere.









No comments:

Post a Comment