Thursday, May 14, 2015

Day 23 Plymouth to Elizabeth City NC

Today was a 57 mile day that had very pretty scenery,but Mr. Head Wind was back and we head North. There were many old towns with stately mansions and crossed a 3.5 mile long bridge with a 3% grade in the middle. Gail and I stopped in Hertford for lunch at mile 38 and we crossed barley and wheat fields. No snakes were spotted,but dead turtles were in the road. Dinner last night was enchilada casserole,salad,and strawberry shortcake for dessert. The weather has been cooler and much less humidity and I so enjoy that. Gail has informed me that at mile 44 tomorrow,we will have completed one half of our trip on the mileage and we cross another state line into Virginia. Love those Margarita's. I took a lot pictures today and I am hoping they will come over to my IPad and I can put them into our blog.

I also found a picture of the same type of Puma that crossed the road in front of me yesterday on the way to the ferry. 











2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I was happy when I saw the temperatures and I figured you would be happy. Enjoy the margaritas tomorrow night! Half-way! Wow!!! Do a dance at the 44 mile marker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are unreal in your adventures! Everyday I check into read this so I can enjoy and look on the map to see exactly where your at. route map is great but I like the paper on on the kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete