Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 26 Williamsburg 0 miles

It's just so wonderful to have a day off. After the Ferry ride over to Jamestown we were right in Jamestown ready to explore the huge museum, Native American living museum and just wonder around. We did find a cafe where once more I had a toasted cheese sandwich. So far my favorite lunch. I must say it was the largest museum I've seen. We spent some time wandering inside then out. Time to leave. Wendy had left earlier so it was myself and speedy Marilyn. Please don't go too fast was my mantra leaving the museum. Marilyn was kind and after almost 9 miles of chip seal like road way we came to our very delightful hotel! Today was spent walking around Willamsburg where we had a wonderful breakfast that included eating from a table! Our laundry is washed, bikes have been cleaned and Wendy's flat was fixed. We are so ready for tomorrow and hope the weather stays agreeable. It just started to pour and thunder hopefully making tomorrow perfect riding weather! We'll see.




Ferry to Jamestown 

Kirby, Wendy and Katee on ferry ride
Wendy

Wendy and Marilyn locking bikes at museum


Native American hut made from woven mats

State flags at museum



Me and bike sculpture


Wendy, Nancy H, and me with Thomas jefferson

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures and I so enjoy reading your adventure every day.

    ReplyDelete