Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day 22 New Bern, NC to Plymouth, NC 73 miles



After yesterday's long ride I wasn't sure how I'd do on a 73 mile today. I rode the first half with Dolly and we got a latish start but it didn't matter. We were all to meet a Ferry at 11:45 so we had plenty of time to ride the 35 miles. Dolly and I both became very interested in a huge logging process. We've seen plenty of trucks hauling the uncut trees and many hauling the trimmed and cut trees. But this was the first time to see the cutting of trees, de-barking of trees and cutting to proper size for telephone poles a whatever else they may be used for. Some seemed to half size of the really long ones. Then we headed for the Ferry. What did we see but the biggest Potash company, it went on forever!








3 comments:

  1. enjoying all the photos and blogs, so keep it up. Great job you two. Stay safe and have fun. that was nice of Tom, so what a guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have tried to post 3 or 4 times and I don't see any of my posts. I hope this one gets published. Gail I noticed your 545 miles on the May is Bike Month site - Atta girl! Wendy, I didn't even see your name on the site! Enjoy keeping up with you via this site. We all are very proud of you. I'll have to get your autographs when you return.
    John M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I didn't know what Potash was until I looked it up. I love learning these little tidbits as a result of following your blog! Keep the interesting info coming! Only 1.5 more days in North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete