Friday, May 22, 2015

Day 31 Alexandria to Owings Mill MD

Today was a 77 mile ride that included a 28 mile bike trail. The problem began very shortly into the ride as we crossed over the bridge to the Lincoln Memorial. Everyone, but 1 rider, got confused as to how to find the trail again. Eventually, ten of us, crossed heavy commute traffic, in a short cross walk to get on the right trail. We were suppose to stay on this one trail, but it was very twisty and shadowed, and you had to really watch where your wheel was riding on. At one point it was a dirt path. There was 5000 ft of climbing and everyone is tired. I took a few pictures of the Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Memorial,but it was to hectic to take a lot of pictures. We are losing our one main ride leader, Patti Jackson, as she is going home before leading another ride. But we are getting Michelle Slusher and she is terrific. Emily, our chef, is staying and she is a great cook. Tonight, because everyone got in later than usual, we had pizza and salad. But for dessert, we had special cheesecake and carrot cake delivered from Ely's from Chicago. One of our riders use to work for them and arranged the delivery.






1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Sorry, I am not up to riding with you right now (Re 77 miles). I did the 39 mile ride around the Buttes today, and it was a bit longer than my legs liked! It was my longest ride since I have been back riding. I hate those confusing turns, and I hate to add more miles on such a long ride. I hope you have a shorter and easier ride tomorrow. John M

    ReplyDelete